Spring means only one thing: summer is within sight. And with winter being somewhat bearable for once (we can’t help but envision the frozen chunks of ice making waves along the lake shore last year), we’re even more excited to embrace the transitional, spring pieces filling the boutique. This week our Five Favorites post will make you feel all fuzzy inside, and not just because the items exude warmth, but because they remind us spring is near.
1) We love this new Jack by BB Dakota sweater with its lightweight knitting and cropped, boxy shape. This is the ideal piece to layer during those chilly nights or wear with a simple tank all the way through spring. (Cerato, $68)
2) Coffee. Need we say more? We all love it; some of us (who will remain nameless) might even go so far as to say we need it, so when Starbucks fails to curb our sumptuous caffeine palettes, we tend to branch out. This particular flavored coffee, Butterscotch Toffee by Stockton Graham & Co., may as well be sited for being sensationally aromatic and far too delicious. You’ll melt with just one sip. Admittedly, this is one item that is not from the Southport Corridor. Our Store Manager orders it from a coffee shop in Wisconsin, but check out Stockton Graham & Co’s website for more flavors. (Stockton Graham & Co, www.stocktongraham.com)
3) There’s something alluring and feminine about rosy cheeks that we just can’t get enough of. Benefit’s new Hervana “good karma” face powder is just what you need to combat those winter blues. So take our advice and brush those cheeks into flawless spring bound bliss—we’re positive only good could come of such a thing! (Benefit, $28)
4) Perhaps not just an essential for spring, but a year round must, Francesca’s Collections’ Mini Emergency Kit is one of the more practical (and overlooked) things we’re into this season. How often we leave our houses without a much needed beauty product (namely hairspray, dental floss) is baffling, so we suggest keeping this kit in your glove box or laptop bag for all those unpredictable moments. (Francesca’s Collections, $16.95).
5) We’re just not ready to surrender our “spring is near” attitude, as made clear by our snakeskin loafer pick. These Jeffrey Campbell flats are streamlined with just enough edge to find themselves on repeat in both your winter and spring wardrobe. They pair great with a skinny jean or even tights, adding texture and play to the most basic of ensembles. (Click Shoes, $103)